Nami Island is a beautiful island with lots of fun things to do. The island has lots of food options, from the sit-down restaurant to food tents and stalls, selling everything you could want. During our #FoodInLoveKOREA trip, we have visited Nami Island and After strolling the island around 3 hours, we were starving and looking for restaurants that are around here. For complete travel guide in Nami Island, please read our post NAMI ISLAND (NAMISEOM 남이섬 종합휴양지) – Travel Guide
There is a fair selection of restaurants on the island but we personally recommend dining at Seomhyanggi for lunch. It’s located at the center of Nami island with some other restaurant and cafe.
For complete guide and list of 30 things to eat in Seoul, please read [KOREA] FOOD GUIDE – What to Eat in Seoul
Guide to the best destinations to enjoy Autumn in Seoul, please read [KOREA] AUTUMN IN SEOUL – Fall Foliage Destinations and Places to Visit
Need more info to plan your daily itinerary in Seoul? Check our itinerary guide [KOREA] ITINERARY TRAVEL GUIDE – Top Places to Visit in Seoul
Once you get into the restaurant, the first thing that you have to do is find the available seat and table. There is indoor and outdoor dining area, but we recommend you to sit outside so you can view around and feel the cold breeze (especially in autumn and winter).
This was a self-service restaurant, so you need to go to the cashier, and then order and pay it directly. There are some side dish and drinks that you can take as much as you want. Like other Korean restaurants, the service was so-so and the waiters not friendly. Even though, our orders came in a short time.
The signature dishes in Seomhyanggi are BBQ Chicken and BBQ Pork Belly. We ordered it 1 portion each. Both chicken and pork belly costs you KRW 12,000 for 1 portion. Your order comes with the side dishes such as kimchi, chili pepper, and lettuce to wrap the barbecued meat. In addition, you can order rice separately.
The chicken and pork are really tender, juicy, and well marinated with powerful seasoning. It’s balanced between salty, savory, and bold of flavor. The pork belly is very greasy, so we prefer to grill it longer to reduce the oil.
I think what made the meal even more enjoyable was because of we able to sit at one of the benches outside. Admiring the view around us and feeling the cold breeze against our faces, with the strong aroma of barbecued meat wafting through our noses and enticing our taste buds all over.
Overall, the food was delicious. Both the chicken and pork belly was the best dish, well marinated, tender, and goes well with the sauce. Even though it’s a little bit pricey with the small portion, it’s still worth a visit and we recommend you to experience Korean BBQ at Seomhyanggi when you visit Nami Island.
KOREA ULTIMATE TRAVEL GUIDE:
- [KOREA] FOOD GUIDE – What to Eat in Seoul
- [KOREA] AUTUMN IN SEOUL – Fall Foliage Destinations and Places to Visit
- [KOREA] ITINERARY TRAVEL GUIDE – Top Places to Visit in Seoul
Korea Travel Series:
- [KOREA] NAMI ISLAND (NAMISEOM 남이섬 종합휴양지) – Travel Guide
- [KOREA] SEOMHYANGGI (섬향기) – Korean BBQ in Nami Island
- [KOREA] HANEUL PARK (SEOUL WORLD CUP PARK) – Travel Guide
- [KOREA] N SEOUL TOWER / NAMSAN TOWER (남산서울타워) – Travel Diary
- [KOREA] EWHA WOMANS UNIVERSITY – Travel Diary
- [KOREA] BUKCHON HANOK VILLAGE (북촌한옥마을) – Travel Diary
- [KOREA] NAMSANGOL HANOK VILLAGE (남산골한옥마을) – Travel Diary
- [KOREA] SEOUL LANTERN FESTIVAL 2016
- [KOREA] SULBING (설빙) KOREAN DESSERT CAFE – Seoul
- [KOREA] SOFTREE ICE CREAM – Itaewon, Seoul
- [KOREA] LINE FRIENDS STORE & CAFE – Seoul
- [KOREA] OSULLOC TEA HOUSE 오설록 티하우스
- [KOREA] HANCHU (한추) – Gangnam, Seoul
- [KOREA] BHC CHICKEN – Seoul
- [KOREA] CHICKEN & CURRY GOON (치킨앤 카레군) – Hongdae, Seoul
- [KOREA] TOSOKCHON SAMGYETANG – Seoul
- [KOREA] MYEONGDONG KYOJA (명동교자) – Myeongdong, Seoul
- [KOREA] GOGUNG (고궁) – Myeongdong, Seoul
- [KOREA] JAEDONG SUNDUBU (재동순두부) – Seoul
- [KOREA] SAEMUL SIKDANG / NEW VILLAGE KOREAN BBQ RESTAURANT (새마을식당) – Hongdae, Seoul
- [KOREA] GIMGANE – Myeongdong, Seoul
- [KOREA] BUKCHON SON MANDU 북촌손만두 – Seoul
- [KOREA] ME? STEAK! Steak & Beer in a Cup – Hongdae, Seoul
Seomhyanggi Korean BBQ (섬향기)
남산면 남이섬길 1남이섬
1 Namisum-gil, Namsan-myeon, Chuncheon
Gangwon-do, South Korea
Phone: +82 31-581-2189
Follow us for latest update and more culinary experience
Don’t forget to subscribe / follow our blog so you can get an update on your email about our new post.