In Korea, there was a huge surge of popularity over soft serve ice cream some while ago, especially those served with real honeycomb. The popularity of the ice cream started around 2013 and now there are many companies and individual vendors offering soft serve vanilla ice cream with real honeycomb, but the original brand that started the trend is “Softree”.
Softree is a recently very popular ice cream store among the Souelites. It’s known for its soft milk ice cream made of organic milk from Sangha organic farm in Korea.
For complete guide and list of 30 things to eat in Seoul, please read [KOREA] FOOD GUIDE – What to Eat in Seoul
Guide to the best destinations to enjoy Autumn in Seoul, please read [KOREA] AUTUMN IN SEOUL – Fall Foliage Destinations and Places to Visit
Need more info to plan your daily itinerary in Seoul? Check our itinerary guide [KOREA] ITINERARY TRAVEL GUIDE – Top Places to Visit in Seoul
When walking along the streets of Itaewon, we stumbled upon Softree, a cozy cafe that sells the popular soft-serve ice cream. The Softree brand offers real honeycomb with their soft serve ice cream; in addition, both their honey and milk used to make their ice cream are organic!
Wow Honey Chips
As the signature of Softree, it’s an organic milk soft ice cream with healthy honey chips (honeycomb). And yes, the ice cream has an extremely soft texture! Honey and its honeycomb make the ice cream taste that much better. The ice cream itself taste quite milky since it’s milk ice cream but it just tastes perfect for us!
Overall, we’re so glad that we got a chance to try this soft serve ice cream in our #FoodInLoveKOREA trip. They also have numerous other flavors and toppings, and hopefully, someday we can come back to try another one.
How to getting there: From Hangangjin Station (Line 6), walk along the main road for about 15 to 20 minutes towards Itaewon Station (Line 6). The small cafe is located along the road on the left side.
KOREA ULTIMATE TRAVEL GUIDE:
- [KOREA] FOOD GUIDE – What to Eat in Seoul
- [KOREA] AUTUMN IN SEOUL – Fall Foliage Destinations and Places to Visit
- [KOREA] ITINERARY TRAVEL GUIDE – Top Places to Visit in Seoul
Korea Travel Series:
- [KOREA] NAMI ISLAND (NAMISEOM 남이섬 종합휴양지) – Travel Guide
- [KOREA] SEOMHYANGGI (섬향기) – Korean BBQ in Nami Island
- [KOREA] HANEUL PARK (SEOUL WORLD CUP PARK) – Travel Guide
- [KOREA] N SEOUL TOWER / NAMSAN TOWER (남산서울타워) – Travel Diary
- [KOREA] EWHA WOMANS UNIVERSITY – Travel Diary
- [KOREA] BUKCHON HANOK VILLAGE (북촌한옥마을) – Travel Diary
- [KOREA] NAMSANGOL HANOK VILLAGE (남산골한옥마을) – Travel Diary
- [KOREA] SEOUL LANTERN FESTIVAL 2016
- [KOREA] SULBING (설빙) KOREAN DESSERT CAFE – Seoul
- [KOREA] SOFTREE ICE CREAM – Itaewon, Seoul
- [KOREA] LINE FRIENDS STORE & CAFE – Seoul
- [KOREA] OSULLOC TEA HOUSE 오설록 티하우스
- [KOREA] HANCHU (한추) – Gangnam, Seoul
- [KOREA] BHC CHICKEN – Seoul
- [KOREA] CHICKEN & CURRY GOON (치킨앤 카레군) – Hongdae, Seoul
- [KOREA] TOSOKCHON SAMGYETANG – Seoul
- [KOREA] MYEONGDONG KYOJA (명동교자) – Myeongdong, Seoul
- [KOREA] GOGUNG (고궁) – Myeongdong, Seoul
- [KOREA] JAEDONG SUNDUBU (재동순두부) – Seoul
- [KOREA] SAEMUL SIKDANG / NEW VILLAGE KOREAN BBQ RESTAURANT (새마을식당) – Hongdae, Seoul
- [KOREA] GIMGANE – Myeongdong, Seoul
- [KOREA] BUKCHON SON MANDU 북촌손만두 – Seoul
- [KOREA] ME? STEAK! Steak & Beer in a Cup – Hongdae, Seoul
208, Itaewon-ro, Yongsan-gu
Seoul, South Korea
Phone: +82 2-790-4645
Opening Hour: Everyday (11 AM – 10 PM)
How to getting there:
From Hangangjin Station (Line 6), walk along the main road for about 15 to 20 minutes towards Itaewon Station (Line 6). The small cafe is located along the road on the left side.
Follow us for latest update and more culinary experience
Don’t forget to subscribe / follow our blog so you can get an update on your email about our new post.