LINE is an amazing brand and establishment, what started out as a chatting and messenger platform with its characters of Brown, Cony, Moon, James, Sally, and Leonard well-loved by so many. LINE FRIENDS Store & Cafe in Sinsadong, Garosu-gil Seoul is the first flagship and largest LINE Friends store in the world. If you are planning to travel to Seoul, this place could be one of your destinations.
There are many LINE FRIENDS store are spread in Seoul. During our trip in Seoul, we had visited LINE FRIENDS Store in Hongdae, Myeongdong, Dongdaemun, and LINE FRIENDS Store & Cafe in Itaewon and Sinsadong Garosu-gil. The difference between LINE FRIENDS Store & Cafe with the ordinary LINE FRIENDS Store is there is cafe available in store, which sells many drinks and desserts with LINE characters.
For complete guide and list of 30 things to eat in Seoul, please read [KOREA] FOOD GUIDE – What to Eat in Seoul
Guide to the best destinations to enjoy Autumn in Seoul, please read [KOREA] AUTUMN IN SEOUL – Fall Foliage Destinations and Places to Visit
Need more info to plan your daily itinerary in Seoul? Check our itinerary guide [KOREA] ITINERARY TRAVEL GUIDE – Top Places to Visit in Seoul
As we mentioned above, LINE FRIENDS Store & Cafe in Sinsadong, Garosu-gil Seoul is the first flagship and largest LINE Friends store in the world. So, we give it a visit to looks what’s inside this store. The store at Garosu-gil occupies 3 stories of a building and is considered the largest amongst all the Line Friends stores around the world. The first story contains mainly toys and accessories, while the second floor features FRIENDS collaborations, with brands such as Bearbrick, Swarovski, and Lamy along with wearable items such as t-shirt, caps, and sweatpants.
Once you enter the shop, you will be greeted by the gigantic 3.2 meters Brown doll. Don’t forget to take a picture with it, and sometimes there is a short queue since many people want to take a picture with this gigantic Brown. In this floor you can find so many items such as stationery, figurine, plush doll, etc, you will probably spend hours adoring every single thing.
Moving to the second floor, this floor is predominantly filled with fashion and clothing items such as T-shirts, sweaters, pants, backpack, etc. both for children and adult.
The Lower Ground level houses a LINE character themed café with a 20-piece menu featuring Brown & Sally macarons, Brown lattes, and Cony cookies, many exclusive to this Garosu-gil store. Serving cute desserts and coffee, the cafe/bakery has medium seating capacity since it only occupies around 1/3 area of LG floor.
Besides the cafe, you can also find the various cute kitchen and home accessories such as the mug, apron, cushion, etc. and food items with cute packagings such as cookies and popcorn. If you can find the gigantic Brown at ground floor, there is a gigantic Sally at the LG floor. Don’t forget to take a picture with the gigantic yellow Sally too, it’s seemed quite lonely so we can easily take a picture.
Overall, LINE FRIEND Store & Cafe in Garosu-gil is a must visit if you love LINE or anything cute. It will overload you with cuteness. Actually, we’re not a die-hard fans of LINE but this place is just too cute to be missed. We just cannot resist anything cute!!
How to getting there
By Subway: Take the exit 8 of Sinsa Station, walk straight and turn left after you pass Tous Les Jours Bakery, continue to walk for around 5 minutes and you will find Line Friends Store & Cafe on your left side.
KOREA ULTIMATE TRAVEL GUIDE:
- [KOREA] FOOD GUIDE – What to Eat in Seoul
- [KOREA] AUTUMN IN SEOUL – Fall Foliage Destinations and Places to Visit
- [KOREA] ITINERARY TRAVEL GUIDE – Top Places to Visit in Seoul
Korea Travel Series:
- [KOREA] NAMI ISLAND (NAMISEOM 남이섬 종합휴양지) – Travel Guide
- [KOREA] SEOMHYANGGI (섬향기) – Korean BBQ in Nami Island
- [KOREA] HANEUL PARK (SEOUL WORLD CUP PARK) – Travel Guide
- [KOREA] N SEOUL TOWER / NAMSAN TOWER (남산서울타워) – Travel Diary
- [KOREA] EWHA WOMANS UNIVERSITY – Travel Diary
- [KOREA] BUKCHON HANOK VILLAGE (북촌한옥마을) – Travel Diary
- [KOREA] NAMSANGOL HANOK VILLAGE (남산골한옥마을) – Travel Diary
- [KOREA] SEOUL LANTERN FESTIVAL 2016
- [KOREA] SULBING (설빙) KOREAN DESSERT CAFE – Seoul
- [KOREA] SOFTREE ICE CREAM – Itaewon, Seoul
- [KOREA] LINE FRIENDS STORE & CAFE – Seoul
- [KOREA] OSULLOC TEA HOUSE 오설록 티하우스
- [KOREA] HANCHU (한추) – Gangnam, Seoul
- [KOREA] BHC CHICKEN – Seoul
- [KOREA] CHICKEN & CURRY GOON (치킨앤 카레군) – Hongdae, Seoul
- [KOREA] TOSOKCHON SAMGYETANG – Seoul
- [KOREA] MYEONGDONG KYOJA (명동교자) – Myeongdong, Seoul
- [KOREA] GOGUNG (고궁) – Myeongdong, Seoul
- [KOREA] JAEDONG SUNDUBU (재동순두부) – Seoul
- [KOREA] SAEMUL SIKDANG / NEW VILLAGE KOREAN BBQ RESTAURANT (새마을식당) – Hongdae, Seoul
- [KOREA] GIMGANE – Myeongdong, Seoul
- [KOREA] BUKCHON SON MANDU 북촌손만두 – Seoul
- [KOREA] ME? STEAK! Steak & Beer in a Cup – Hongdae, Seoul
LINE FRIENDS Store & Cafe
535-15, Sinsa-dong, Gangnam-gu
Seoul, South Korea
Phone: +82 2-3448-1764
Opening Hours: Everyday (10.30 AM – 10.30 PM)
How to getting there:
By Subway: Take exit no.8 at Sinsa station, walk straight and turn left after you pass Tous Les Jours Bakery, continue walk for around 5 minutes and you will find Line Friends Store & Cafe on your left side.
Follow us for latest update and more culinary experience
Don’t forget to subscribe / follow our blog so you can get an update on your email about our new post.