There is no shortage of places in Seoul to eat Korean Fried Chicken. If you are looking a place that is popular with locals, you can go to Hanchu in Gangnam area. Hanchu is not a franchise and so there’s only one place in Seoul to eat their chicken. They are also ranked one of the best by the locals and winning The World’s Tastiest Fried Chicken by Chowtzer Award.
Hanchu is short for Hanchan-eh chu uk 한잔의 추억, which means A Good Drinking Memory, or something like that, One Drink’s Good Memory. First off, the place is large yet bare-bones with an unmatched old-school vibe. Based on our experience, places that focus less on the superficial stuff (i.e. fancy interior/exterior) usually make it up for it delicious food. Here, it’s all about the food and nothing else!
For complete guide and list of 30 things to eat in Seoul, please read [KOREA] FOOD GUIDE – What to Eat in Seoul
Guide to the best destinations to enjoy Autumn in Seoul, please read [KOREA] AUTUMN IN SEOUL – Fall Foliage Destinations and Places to Visit
Need more info to plan your daily itinerary in Seoul? Check our itinerary guide [KOREA] ITINERARY TRAVEL GUIDE – Top Places to Visit in Seoul
They serve complimentary pickled radish and crackers before the main star arrived. When eating fried chicken, a good choice would be to go with beer, but since we don’t want to have a beer at that time, we opted soft drink (KRW 2,000) instead of beer.
The chicken was lightly battered and fried perfectly. Nice and crispy on the outside, soft and fleshy on the inside. Since the chicken pieces are double fried, it resulting in a very crispy bite and so addictive! The batter is mixed with green peppers and hence it gives you a hint of the pepper which actually works well.
Deep Fried Chili Pepper
The pork stuffed deep fried green peppers were the highlight. The batter and fry were deathly in a good point. The green chili pepper was huge yet cooked perfectly. The batter was so crispy and the pepper wasn’t spicy at all. just full of flavor. The pork inside made it amazingly good.
Overall, it’s definitely one of the best Korean fried chicken in Seoul. Their fried chicken was nice with classic home cook taste but the main star would be their Fried Green Pepper with juicy minced pork stuffing inside. Must try! (We suggest you come just before the evening rush when the place fills up quickly)
How to getting there: Take exit 5 of Apgujeong Station (Seoul Subway Line 3), continue 500 meters to Apgujeong-ro 14-gil and make a left. Then continue 70 meters and make the first left, Hanchu will be on the left.
KOREA ULTIMATE TRAVEL GUIDE:
- [KOREA] FOOD GUIDE – What to Eat in Seoul
- [KOREA] AUTUMN IN SEOUL – Fall Foliage Destinations and Places to Visit
- [KOREA] ITINERARY TRAVEL GUIDE – Top Places to Visit in Seoul
Korea Travel Series:
- [KOREA] NAMI ISLAND (NAMISEOM 남이섬 종합휴양지) – Travel Guide
- [KOREA] SEOMHYANGGI (섬향기) – Korean BBQ in Nami Island
- [KOREA] HANEUL PARK (SEOUL WORLD CUP PARK) – Travel Guide
- [KOREA] N SEOUL TOWER / NAMSAN TOWER (남산서울타워) – Travel Diary
- [KOREA] EWHA WOMANS UNIVERSITY – Travel Diary
- [KOREA] BUKCHON HANOK VILLAGE (북촌한옥마을) – Travel Diary
- [KOREA] NAMSANGOL HANOK VILLAGE (남산골한옥마을) – Travel Diary
- [KOREA] SEOUL LANTERN FESTIVAL 2016
- [KOREA] SULBING (설빙) KOREAN DESSERT CAFE – Seoul
- [KOREA] SOFTREE ICE CREAM – Itaewon, Seoul
- [KOREA] LINE FRIENDS STORE & CAFE – Seoul
- [KOREA] OSULLOC TEA HOUSE 오설록 티하우스
- [KOREA] HANCHU (한추) – Gangnam, Seoul
- [KOREA] BHC CHICKEN – Seoul
- [KOREA] CHICKEN & CURRY GOON (치킨앤 카레군) – Hongdae, Seoul
- [KOREA] TOSOKCHON SAMGYETANG – Seoul
- [KOREA] MYEONGDONG KYOJA (명동교자) – Myeongdong, Seoul
- [KOREA] GOGUNG (고궁) – Myeongdong, Seoul
- [KOREA] JAEDONG SUNDUBU (재동순두부) – Seoul
- [KOREA] SAEMUL SIKDANG / NEW VILLAGE KOREAN BBQ RESTAURANT (새마을식당) – Hongdae, Seoul
- [KOREA] GIMGANE – Myeongdong, Seoul
- [KOREA] BUKCHON SON MANDU 북촌손만두 – Seoul
- [KOREA] ME? STEAK! Steak & Beer in a Cup – Hongdae, Seoul
549-9 Sinsa-dong, Gangnam-gu
Seoul, South Korea
Phone: +82 2-3446-5778
Opening Hour: Everyday (5 PM – 3 AM)
How to getting there:
Take exit 5 of Apgujeong Station (Seoul Subway Line 3), continue 500 meters to Apgujeong-ro 14-gil and make a left. Then continue 70 meters and make the first left, Hanchu will be on the left.
Follow us for latest update and more culinary experience
Don’t forget to subscribe / follow our blog so you can get an update on your email about our new post.